Re: Debian 4.0 r5 update DVDs pool structure misgenerated?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:32:22PM +0530, S P wrote:
>Hi,
>
>There are a number of packages on the Debian 4.0 r5 _update_ DVDs that
>seem to have been mistakenly placed into a directory of their own in
>the pool/ hierarchy. These packages are readily identified by:
>
>find /path/to/loopmount -type d -name '*.deb'
>
>This is on the update DVDs for both the i386 and amd64 architectures.
>However, none of these directories exist in the online mirrors or on
>the Debian 4.0 r5 DVDs.
>
>Nonetheless, I was able to use the image to jigdo perfectly, and my
>guess is the update DVD should work fine as a source in APT (though
>I've not tested this) since the Packages files contain the right path.

Hi,

Looks like you've found a bug in the update-cd script. It's cosmetic
only (as we generate the Packages files to match the temporary tree),
but it'd be nice to fix anyway. Please post a bug report to remind me
to have a look, or a patch would be even nicer! :-)

Thanks,
< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"