Volunteers wanted to help with final testing of Etch CD/DVD images

Hi,

As you may or may not have spotted, we're planning to release Etch
this weekend, the 7th/8th April. Yay! The current schedule includes me
running the CD and DVD builds during the day on Saturday (UTC), ready
for us to release with the archive simultaneously on Sunday
morning. To help do that, I'm looking for volunteers to test CD/DVD
installations on as many of our architectures as possible. I can
perform *some* testing on i386 and amd64 reasonably well myself, but
that's as far as it goes.

I'll be giving out *private*[1] pointers to the images as they come
available on Saturday so that testers will get early access. I'm
hoping that we won't find any issues in these builds, but of course we
can't guarantee that. The most sensible way for you to grab the images
will be using jigdo, or direct http if you have the bandwidth for that
to be useful. We will *not* be issuing torrent files for these images
until we know we're ready to release them, for obvious reasons... :-)

If you think you may be able to help, reply to this mail (to
debian-cd) and let me know. Thanks in advance!

[1] private so that we don't end up fighting for bandwidth with the
    Slashdot crowd, mainly

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll