Re:

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:54:09PM -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
> On Sunday 29 February 2004 10:58 am, Stefan Willeit wrote:
> > How can i get a debian dvd "testing"! I can't download it because i
> > can only use windows to download it and my kernel is to old to start
> > the xserver so i need the dvd!
>
> I am not sure I understand the part about Kernel & xserver. Jigdo is
> available for Windows, I don't know anything about it though.

Unfortunately, you cannot create DVD images under Windows due to some big
file problem... But if the machine you install on has free internet access,
I'd recommend downloading just the first CD, or even just a netinst CD.

By the way, jigdo-lite is run in a shell, so you don't need an X server to
run it.

Is there anybody out there willing to maintain the Windows port of jigdo?
It should mostly compile with the latest mingw toolchain, and that might
also fix the above problem...

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯