Re: woodyr3 DVD jigdo files

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 05:38:00PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 08:59:07AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>  1. Did we ever agree on a directory structure to cope with CDs and
>>     DVDs together? I'm thinking for now I'll just set up a parallel
>>     $ARCH-dvd directory alongside the $ARCH directory for the CDs.
>
>Hmm, I don't know which system is best, but on cdimage, we have cd/$ARCH
>and dvd/$ARCH, so just in terms of consistency, that might be a better
>option.

True. The problem is that I'll have to move the existing CD jigdo bits
too. I'm bothered that that may break mirroring etc. I suppose I could
move the existing directories into cd/ and put sym-links in place:

jigdo/
   current -> 3.0r3
   3.0r3/
      alpha/
      arm/

jigdo/
   current -> 3.0r3
   3.0r3/
      cd/
         alpha/
         arm/
      dvd
         alpha/
         arm/
   alpha -> cd/alpha
   arm -> cd/arm

>>  2. As these will chew up a _lot_ of space, I'm assuming nobody will
>>     want to host full ISOs...?
>
>IIRC the consensus was that for sarge, full DVD images would be available
>on cdimage for i386 only. We could do the same for woody r3, though - what
>do you think, Mattias?

The fun bit is that we have 1 and 1_NONUS versions of all the woody
DVDs too... :-/

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead