Re: contents of the first sarge CD image

Le Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:40:42AM +0200, Josip Rodin écrivait:
> So atlas2* gets in because it's in some scientific task package, is that
> what you're saying?

yes.

> And aterm, powershell, original-awk...? None of those
> are nearly as popular as those three things I mentioned (standard popcon
> disclaimers apply), and yet they all got onto the first CD.
>
> And judging by what you are saying, some of those things are simply buggy.
> The exclude file tries to kill off a lot of the aspell-* packages and fails:

It doesn't "fail", it's probably just not used by the scripts run on
gluck... Santiago could you please use exclude-sarge and
unexclude-CD2-sarge in the build on gluck ?

> Also there are some real gems on the first CD:

I'd be glad if you could make a real proposition (ie a patch)
of what to remove from CD1 and put on CD2, etc.

> (and yes, I realize that _some_ of the above is in tasks, but still)

Anyway tasks don't fit together on the same CD, that's why we created
two task file ... one for the "important" ones and the other ones for
the less important one.

Of course what this does mean is that the popularity contest has no
influence on CD1 but just on CD2/3-8 ...

Anne Bezemer used to do that kind of work in the past, and there's a
kind of gap to fill there ... so if someone is willing to volunteer...

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org