burning a debian cd

hi,
I burn two cd and no one runs !!
please help me,
my cd burner is on a mac.
I ve downloaded two times the iso image...
"binary-i386-1.iso", i ve verified the checksum many times...
am I really crazy ?  ;-)
In the debian.org 's faq they say :

              -?- How do I burn a CD from MacOS?
              -!- The `Toast' program for MacOS is reported to work fine with .iso
              files. You can be extra-safe by giving it the creator code `CDr3' (or
              possibly
              `CDr4') and type code `iImg' using e.g. FileTyper. Double-clicking on
              the file will then open up Toast directly, without having to
              drag-and-drop or go via
              the File-Open menu.

              And the cdrecord program is available for MacOS X as well.

What am I losing on my way ?

thanks
marco