debian-cd / potato musings

Just a thought about using debian-cd against
the "potato" distribution.

To reduce the number of dependency errors from
242 , one can add the below list to the useful file
in debian-cd.

The resulting CD #1 will be about 540M (with out
the boot-disks),  and seems to be quite useable
for upgrading slink installations.

There are still 2 packages : gnome-guile and
libguilegtk0 that have unmet dependencies, so one
still has to set  force_deps

cd #2 weighs in at 830M, and I was thinking of
trying to move /devel and perhaps another section
off to a 3rd binary disk to see if it would be useable.

Just my fuzzy sunday morning thoughts...

## Additions to "useful" for potato
alsalib0.3.0
libart2
libghttp1
libglib1.2
libglib1.2-dev
libglib1.1.13
libgnome32
libgnome31
libgnomesupport0
libgnomeui32
libgnorbagtk0
libgtk1.2
libgtk1.2-dev
libgtk1.1.13
libgtkxmhtml1
libzvt2
libgnorba27
libmikmod1
libnspr3
libpam-runtime
libpam-pwdb
libpam-modules
libpgsql2
liblocale-gettext-perl
libobgnome0
libobgtk1
librecode0
libsane
libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1-dev
liburi-perl
libwmf0
gnome-bin
gnome-games-locale
gnome-gnibbles
gnome-gnobots2
gnome-gnometris
gnome-gnotravex
gnome-metatris
gnome-panel-data
gnome-libs-data
jgroff
orbit
popt
samba-common
xpilot-server
xpilot-client

## end of list

--

Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>

I get to work, flick the excuse page over.
"ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION FROM SATTELLITE DEBRIS".
Fair enough, it looks like it's going to be a good day.
Jim Westveer                      LAN Comp Systems
jwest@netnw.com                   14524 Issaquah-Hobart Rd
425-392-0141 voice                Issaquah, WA 98027 USA
425-557-0660 fax                  lcs.issaquah.wa.us
Fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04