Re: smartmontools + freebsd-9 kernel "gives error sending CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device"

Hi Samuel,

El 22 de gener de 2012 13:16, Samuel Moritz <samuel.moritz@gmail.com> ha escrit:
> I have tried to find an existing bug report for this problem, but I did not
> find one. I have never submitted a Debian bug report before, so I wanted to
> double-check with you guys if this is a known issue.

Yes, this is a bug, although not an easy one to fix.  Please report it
against one of our packages (e.g. kfreebsd-9), rather than
smartmontools (smartmontools would at most need a rebuild, no bug
report is needed for that).

> error sending CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Unable to get CAM device list
> /dev/ad0: Unable to detect device type

There's indeed an ABI problem.  You could try if rebuilding
smartmontools with latest kfreebsd-kernel-headers "fixes" the problem,
but that's most likely to break it for kfreebsd-8.  We'll need to add
some compat glue.

The ABI break is in SVN rev 225950 I think.