Re: Debian GNU/kFreeBSD in 2011

2011/1/3 Gerard van Essen <gvanessen@gmail.com>:
> Good day,
> I wish you a prosperous and Happy 2011. Hope you're well and hopefully we'll
> see some new updates for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD this year.
> I'm planning to do a little series of FreeBSD based operating systems
> on freebsdnews.net: a bit of background, history and the plans for 2011 etc.
> Would you mind and share your plans and roadmap for 2011 (if any)? Hopefully
> we can generate some excitement and a looking forward to releases this year.

Hi Gerard,

First and foremost, 2011 will be the year of the first release of
Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

It won't be a stable release, but a "technology preview". Nevertheless
it is quite usable.

This is one of the most significant milestones the project has
reached since its inception.

Happy new year to you, too