Re: Route script, ifup and IPv6.

Hi.

will someone finally begin listening to my comments on GNU/kFreeBSD.

Please point me to your previous comments or bug report in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=freebsd-utils

These are harsh words, but my disappointment with GNU/kFreeBSD
for IPv6 has grown steadily ever since Summer.

I do not know whether this patch can be applied during current deep freeze [1]. In the summer it would be easier. Anyway, it would be nice if you could open bug report with this patch against freebsd-utils.

The script /sbin/route is really a tie-down for GNU/kFreeBSD.
It is completely tied to IPv4 and to exactly handle ifup/ifdown.
Nothing else.

Yes. The problem is unclear line, which interface is "Debian one"
and which "OS one". It would be better if we could ship
directly native ifconfig and route instead of wrapper.

Cheers

	Petr

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/11/msg00006.html