GNU/kFreeBSD into the Debian archive (aka we need your help)
You may have seen the announce , the first GNU/kFreeBSD packages have
reached the archive. Let me explain you how the integration will happen:
1) The minimal set of packages to create a chroot has to be imported:
- This is in progress for packages already present as a source packages
in the debian archive, except 2 packages that FTBFS.
- coreutils FTBFS due to bug#520368, a porter NMU will be done if the
maintainer doesn't fix the bug.
- util-linux FTBFS due to bug#333147. We need a cleaner patch than
 that is accepted by the maintainer.
- We need to upload freebsd-libs, freebsd-utils and libfreebsd. As
they will go through NEW, we should polish them, especially the
2) We switch the build daemons to ftp.debian.org and start to handle
the build issues, sending patches into the BTS if needee. We can do
porter NMUs after 7 days. That also includes uploading GNU/kFreeBSD
specific packages, they also needs to be polished. We also have to
get rid of freebsd-hackedutils, and port kfreebsd-loader.
3) When the build-deps of the imported packages are available, we need
to rebuild them (probably by binNMU), unless there has been a new
sourceful upload to rebuild them.
4) When there are enough packages to do an installation, we should
produce new installation media. It will be used by DSA for the
handover of the buildd and porter machines.
5) Build packages and handle the issues to reach the release
requirements for squeeze.
Don't hesitate to help, e.g. by sending patches. If you have commit
access to the SVN, you can also commit directly. And if you are a Debian
Developer, don't hesitate to do porter NMUs .
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73