Re: snapshot(s) of kfreebsd archive(s)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay...

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:24:27 +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
> Please, would be possible to create
> weekly snapshot(s) of kfreebsd archive(s) ?

I've done one for now, and new ones should appear once a week on
thursdays.

They are at <http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian-snapshot/>, for all
current available arches.

> Given all *.deb files are already in obsolete/,
> the space cost of each such snapshot would be at about 100 MB.

I'll be probably a bit more aggressive in the future removing
obsoleted .deb:s.

> It will be much more usefull compared to now outdated
> http://ftp.gnuab.org/pub/debian-cd/20050910/kfreebsd-i386/iso-cd/

I just removed those.

> Or do ve have enough disk-space somewhere else (alioth ?) ?

There's several GiB free at gnuab, so no problem for now.

> IMHO, the current (especially during freeze before etch)
> unstable+unreleased is (would be) in a good shape and
> will be very usefull for people who wants to just test kfreebsd.

I might be removing old snapshots at some point thought, after some
discussion here, for example.

> It might also serve as base for real etch based snapshot.

Sure. We could stamp one of those snapshots as a pseudo-release at
some point.

regards,
guillem