backporting changes from 6.x to 5.x
Aurelien asked me about backporting recent changes from 6.x to 5.x. My opinion
is that in order to preserve 5.x package stability (remember that some people is
using it in production environment), we should be very conservative about this
branch, and always use 6.x (or later) for new features/hacks/etc.
These are the changes in 6.x that I'd like to propose for backport:
* Fix /dev permissions in userland.
- control.flavor.in (Depends): Add kfreebsd-common.
- patches/900_devfs_perm_fixes.diff: Remove.
* Add ndiswrapper-modules package.
- rules: Install ndis.ko and if_ndis.ko there.
- control.flavor.in: Add ndiswrapper-modules flavor.
* rules: Run patch with --dry-run first. This way if a patch fails
the tree isn't left in an inconsistent state.
- (Build-Depends-Indep): Remove patchutils and sharutils (not really
- (Build-Depends): Ditto. Also update libdb4.4-dev.
Any comments? Objections? Additions?