Re: website for GNU/FreeBSD port

I've just finished* patching native libc (5.0) with a compatible implementation of getpwent, getspent, and related functions. (Basically I expanded my libshadow slightly, and patched it directly into libc5.) With that, I believe the only major remaining compatibility problem is solved. libc5 has getopt_long, nl_langinfo, and seems to have enough wide character support to fix the unicode problems. I already had utmpx, so adding compatible /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow support into libc should fix the only major issue with debian on native libc. ---Nathan * Still some testing left to do. Robert Millan writes:

hi!
I made up a website for the Glibc-based GNU/FreeBSD porting effort,
summarizing the latest news about it: http://people.debian.org/~rmh/gnu-freebsd/ the directory with base tarball, which used to be there, is now at: http://people.debian.org/~rmh/gnu-freebsd/pub/ and for the APT archive, see: http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2003/debian-bsd-200306/msg00004.html