Re: utmpx

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 10:09:37PM +1100, matthew green wrote:

> FYI:
>

> a basic implementation of utmpx has been commited to netbsd-current,
> completely indepedant of any work done here... i don't believe it is
> 100% complete yet.

When I was looking around on Google, I saw mention of it in a NetBSD mailing
list. I wasn't aware it had been committed. From what I read, it sounded like
it hadn't been completed, and might not meet my needs, anyway.

I needed something sufficiently compatible with what Linux has that I could
build sysvinit. It seemed to me that the best way to do that, would be to do
a clean implementation of the standard for utmpx.h (in SUSv2) under a BSD
license. So that's what I did.

You are welcome to suggest improvements, merge with your own implementation,
or do whatever else you want to with it. At the moment, what I have meets my
needs well. I will look at the NetBSD implementation when I get a chance, and
see if it suggests any improvements to my own code, though.

	---Nathan