Re: libshadow

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:02:15PM -0500, utsl@quic.net wrote:
> After hacking on shadow off and on for a few months, I decided to give up, and
> just use the native passwd tools. I believe the Hurd has it's own tools for
> this, so there's precedent.

On the other hand, the modifications are pretty minimal (two functions
need to be modified in commonio.c and the password format string needs
changing) and it probably wouldn't be that hard to extend it to cover the
BSD additions. I'd rather keep the codebase as close to Debian as possible
except where there really is a lot of extra work or stuff is tied to the
kernel (ifconfig, mount and so on), so I'm inclined to modify the debian
one rather than packaging the BSD ones.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org