Re: ed package

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 10:09:33PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Uhm, yes. Definitely should be packaged. That way we at least have a way
> > to allow folks to declare (build|)dependancies on "GNU libc or libiberty".

Packages never depend on libc, becuase it's a (build-)essential package.

> Would it make more sense to include it in the libc package? That way we
> end up with a single package that approximates the functionality of glibc,
> rather than requiring several of them.

I think libibery should be (build-)essential. Putting libc and
libiberty in one package is wrong because they have a different
upstream. I think the right way is having a libc package which depends
on the libiberty package.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org