Re: dpkg patch

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 12:15:46PM -0500, utsl@quic.net wrote:
> I think it might be a good idea to merge them. However, I need to upgrade
> a bit first. I'm still using 1.9.16.
>
> Any thoughts about using wildcards in archtable? It'd be nice to be able
> to say i386-unknown-freebsd*, and have configure work with that. Much
> nicer than putting each release in there.

Merging is probably not a bad idea, but largely depends on how much extra
is necessary for OpenBSD; certainly, however, we should make sure that at
the very least, the two can be applied cleanly together.

I *strongly* favor wildcard matching in the archtable, to address the issue
of not wanting to file bugs against dpkg every time NetBSD upgrades it's
kernel by a minor revision.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/