Re: Able to put website on debian.org

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:06:03PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> Well, I didn't really want to take control of that away from Matthew
> Garrett.
> Of course, he could always email me a snapshot and I would put it on the
> site,
> if he wants. If that is OK with him, I will go ahead and move the
> tarball over (or, ideally, put a newer tarball there instead ...
> possibly in addition to the last one?), but I want to hear that from him
> directly, so as not to offend him or usurp anything.

Oh, I have no great desire to keep control over the tarball :) The main
problem with it is that it's really way too big - this weekend I'll try to
get apt working, try to construct a minimal tarball and then people can
install and apt-get the rest.

> An updated tarball would be good, I agree :-)

Indeed :)

> Also, since all the feedback I've heard has been good, later tonight I
> will probably commit the changes to the Debian website, along with
> adding a link from the ports page. (But that won't be for several hours
> still.) Right now I'll just put us in the non-Linux ports section of the
> ports page, but when the other *BSD ports have made their pages, we
> might be able to group them into a separate section. I should mention:
> Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org> also has read/write access to the
> website,

Excellent, thanks. There's plenty of Debian developers round here, so I'll
try to get my key signed in the near future and sign up for nm in order to
be able to help with this stuff :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org