VLAN support in Squeeze Installer

Hi all,

I was looking into VLAN support for some on-site reinstall work I'm
involved in. I can see posts from around Aug 2010 discussing adding
such support to the the D-I installer (it seems to have been marked
Done in this post:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2011/07/msg00362.html).

What I can't find is any docs on how to use it. Is it preseed only (as
was being discussed) and if so, what are the preseed keys to use it?
Is it available in some form of the squeeze installer, or is this a
wheezy-only thing?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious from elsewhere.

Regards,
Greg
--
Greg Sutcliffe