Re: Bootloader udeb selection for specific platform

El vie, 04-05-2012 a las 14:07 +0200, Gerhard Pircher escribió:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Thu, 3 May 2012 20:36:21 -0500
> > Von: "Félix Arreola Rodríguez" <fgatuno.123@gmail.com>
> > An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@gmx.net>
> > CC: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
> > Betreff: Re: Bootloader udeb selection for specific platform
>
> > Another suggest is that, the boot loaders udebs, provide the virtual
> > udeb package "bootable-system"
> >
> > Your udeb must install the boot loader, and when the udeb is done, the
> > main-menu will choose finish-install automatically.
> Okay, but I guess this will not be sufficient to tell d-i that it should
> use _exactly_ my bootloader udeb package during the installation, as
> almost every bootloader in d-i defines "bootable-system" in its control
> file. Would the "Architecture" and especially the "XB-Subarchitecture"
> field help here?
> Ah, I see. Though there are bootloaders udebs that don't check for any
> platform i.e. subarchitecture in its isinstallable file (for example yaboot). And then there's grub, which also works on powerpc/chrp
> machines. This way d-i could still choose between two bootloaders
> for this platform. I suppose there must be an additional priority
> scheme, which tells d-i to use a specific bootloader udeb. Does this
> have something to do with the "XB-Installer-Menu-Item:" field in the
> control field?

Well, yes. You can use a slightly small number in Menu-Item to make it
first.

You can check Debian Installer Internals [1] & the Menu Item Numbers [2]

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/
[2] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/apa.html

--
Atte. Félix Arreola Rodríguez,