Re: Skip one udeb step on d-i

Hi Joey

El mié, 18-04-2012 a las 11:49 -0400, Joey Hess escribió:
> Félix Arreola Rodríguez wrote:
> > But I include my custom udeb (called installfest) with a menu item
> > number of 7000, depends on apt-setup-udeb and provides pkgsel. This with
> > the propose of skipping pkgsel. I always skip pkgsel and tasksel even on
> > my own debian installs. It's not pkgsel fault, I just don't like the
> > default task selection.
> >
> > So, my special udeb installs a special list of packages, but I still
> > can't skip pkgsel.
>
> Have you tried a number slightly before 7000? Boot in expert mode and
> look at the main menu. Your udeb's menu item needs to come before
> pkgsel.

Thanks for the response, but even with a smaller number pkgsel still
runs.

I think I found a more easy solution:

1. Download source package of pkgsel,
2. Change debian/control priority to optional. This is the special
'magic' that makes pkgsel doesn't get loaded automatically while loading
cd components.
3. Increment debian version to 0.33.1 (old was 0.33) and re-insert in my
local mirror.

Again thanks.

--
Atte. Félix Arreola Rodríguez,