Re: cdebconf 0.159

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 23:01 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> I just marked the templates as translatable and part of the newly
> introduced "sublevel 6" (that isn't counted in statistics).

Thanks, that's awesome !

> I slightly changed the description of the GTK interface, which I found
> too technical, in order to stay in line with the current complexity
> level of D-I debconf templates.

Even better.

> It is likely that this messes up things somewhere, maybe even in D-I
> localization outside cdebconf (as changes to introduce this new
> sublevel are not trivial) but I'll handle problems in case they
> happen..:-)

> Once the new strings end up in sublevel 6, I'll populate this sublevel
> with existing translations of debconf as a few of these strings are
> indeed existing in debconf as well.

Having thought about it a bit more today, I believe moving the template
for cdebconf/frontend/gtk to cdebconf.templates is the right thing to
do. Although it would put the text in the "wrong" package, it would be
in its dependency, and still wouldn't be displayed unless cdebconf-gtk
is installed. It would also avoid for us to ship an unused template in
cdebconf-gtk-udeb and the consequences in terms of size.

Any objection to moving it ?

Regis