Forbidding all-numeric hostnames

Would anyone object if I made netcfg forbid all-numeric hostnames?  RFC
1912 s2.1 says you aren't allowed them (although its status is
Informational, and RFC 2181 seems to supersede that restriction).  DNS
lore such as http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/apa/names.html advises
against their use.  More importantly for Debian, I think, it's clear
from #65041 that attempting to use all-numeric hostnames in our system
is asking for trouble.  I have to say I've never encountered a real
network that used them, and they would confuse me no end if I did.

The only particular obstacle seems to be the MUST in RFC 1123 s2.1.
Firstly, I suspect that this was more intended to mandate that host
software had to support names like 3com.com, although obviously that's
guesswork.  Secondly, I think this applies more to software that might
need to interoperate with hosts with existing all-numeric names than to
software that's arranging for the installation of new hosts.

Thanks,