Re: About the continuity of "debian-volatile" and "debian-volatile-announce" mailing lists

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 06:30:37PM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Back in 2008 I thought volatile was going away
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2008/01/msg00002.html), but I
> did a fresh Squeeze install yesterday and noticed it installed
> volatile sources. O_o.   It's widely known that Debian moves slowly...
> but 4 years seems to be pushing the envelope.  :-)

There will be another (last) announcement about volatile in the next
days, please bear with us.  As for squeeze due to the lateness of the
change we were unable to change the string.  It activates
squeeze-updates even if it speaks of volatile in the installer.

I think we should pick that up in a future point release.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern