AW: setting a hostroute by preseed

> > our  machines are configured to be in rather small subnets. The internet
>gateway
>
> > usually is not in the same subnet. The installer doesn't allow  this.
> >
> > Our current approach is to leave the gateway blank, then  switch to the
>console
>
> > and manually "route add", first a hostroute to  the gateway, then the
>
> I think your setup is not  right.  Yes it works, and linux allows
> you to have more weird setups too  -- like pretending that ethernet

I am not to reason why... my job is to install new machines for this setup. Not
that many, but enough that I started looking into that whole preseed thing.

As the installer doesn't support hostroutes, I guess I'll have to run a command
to set the routes. The late_command is just the right thing to modify the
interfaces file on the target; however, in order to set the hostroute *during*
installation I need to run a command immediately after netcfg -- how do I do
that?

Regards,
Schnobs