Bug#630424: Maybe a Problem with "tip22"
- To: dann frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Edwin Kwan <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#630424: Maybe a Problem with "tip22"
- From: Guido Günther <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:48:58 +0200
- Message-id: <20110706164858.GA7429@bogon.sigxcpu.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Guido Günther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, dann frazier <email@example.com>, Edwin Kwan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Reply-to: Guido Günther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20110705232904.GA31278@dannf.org>
- References: <4DF72849.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110615205556.GA19314@bogon.sigxcpu.org> <4DF9C9CC.email@example.com> <20110616215111.GA8547@bogon.sigxcpu.org> <4DFDC3B9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110619113528.GA24297@bogon.sigxcpu.org> <20110705232904.GA31278@dannf.org>
On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 05:29:04PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 01:35:28PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 02:39:05AM -0700, Edwin Kwan wrote:
> > > Hi Guido,
> > >
> > > Your package tested out OK. I only have an Indy. So I only tried "tip22".
> > Thanks for testing! I've uploaded a new version to unstable.
> > I'm not sure what's the correct procedure to get the installer images
> > rebuilt with that for the next point release though. Can somebody from
> > debian-boot shed some light on this? I assume it includes uploading a
> > new arcboot version to stable-proposed-updates but is that enough?
> > Cheers,
> > -- Guido
> I believe what needs to be done is:
> 1) Propose an arcboot update for squeeze. You can coordinate this
> with the stable release team on email@example.com. Please
> include a debdiff vs. current squeeze.
> 2) Once that's accepted, we need to ask the mips buildd maintainer to
> ensure this update gets included in the squeeze chroot(s).
> 3) Finally, we need to do a d-i rebuild (which we usually do with
> each point release anyway). You can coordinate with me on that.
Thanks for the heads up, besides 2) it's what Adam suggested:
I'll add that to the report.