Re: GeoMirror (aka cdn.debian.net) as default mirror in standard installation?

Hi,

On Samstag, 5. März 2011, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > I think it should be used, but IMO it should become cdn.debian._org_
> > first, at least for stable. For sid and testing it's ok without
> > debian.org but a stable install should fetch things from .org.

That doesn't seem to be that easy, as mirrors would need to be checked
constantly, zone files need to be updated constantly too. This will lead to
problems due to dns caches, additionally there are problems with dnssec too.

> +1 to Miguel suggestion. I was indeed thinking about the same when
> looking at choose-mirror bugs.

grml.org has been doing this, but they are appearantly not too happy with
that.

cheers,
	Holger