Re: Stopping d-i pulling in virtualbox-ose-guest packages

Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> I'm can't find a way of getting squeeze's (i386) netinst to install
> inside virtualbox without pulling in 3 virtualbox-ose-guest-*
> packages:

So, these are pulled in by the discover package, particularly by
discover-pkginstall.

I don't see any way to disable it by preseeding. While
discover uses the discover/install_hw_packages debconf question,
it uses it in a way that ignores preseeding. (This is easily a bug.)

The only option I see for now is to use preseed/early_command to
rm /usr/lib/pre-pkgsel.d/20install-hwpackages

Or, to remove the packages in preseed/late_command.

--
see shy jo