Stopping d-i pulling in virtualbox-ose-guest packages

I'm can't find a way of getting squeeze's (i386) netinst to install
inside virtualbox without pulling in 3 virtualbox-ose-guest-*
packages:

root@debian-test:~# dpkg -l | grep virtualbox | sed -r "s/ +/ /g"
ii virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms 3.2.10-dfsg-1 x86 virtualization solution
- guest addition module source for dkms
ii virtualbox-ose-guest-utils 3.2.10-dfsg-1 x86 virtualization
solution - non-X11 guest utilities
ii virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 3.2.10-dfsg-1 x86 virtualization solution
- X11 guest utilities

I'm assuming it's d-i forcing installation of at least one of these,
as they're all optional, and there's a closed dependency loop:

root@debian-test:~# for P in virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms
virtualbox-ose-guest-utils virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 ; do echo;echo "*
$P:"; aptitude why $P ; done
* virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms:
i   virtualbox-ose-guest-x11   Depends    virtualbox-ose-guest-utils
(= 3.2.10-dfsg-1)
i A virtualbox-ose-guest-utils Recommends virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms (=
3.2.10-dfsg-1) | virtualbox-ose-guest-source (= 3.2.10-dfsg-1)

* virtualbox-ose-guest-utils:
i   virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 Depends virtualbox-ose-guest-utils (=
3.2.10-dfsg-1)

* virtualbox-ose-guest-x11:
i   virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 Depends  xserver-xorg-core (>=
2:1.7.6.901)
i A xserver-xorg-core        Depends  xserver-xorg
i A xserver-xorg             Depends  xserver-xorg-video-all |
xserver-xorg-video-6
i   virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 Provides xserver-xorg-video-6

The -x11 loop seems particularly annoying :-)

aptitude.log suggests it's -x11 that's being directly demanded:

root@debian-test:~# grep virtualbox /var/log/aptitude
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] virtualbox-ose-guest-utils
[INSTALL] virtualbox-ose-guest-x11

Some pertinent lines from my preseed config would seem to be:
# NB Trailing spaces at the ends of the next 2 lines
d-i tasksel tasksel/first multiselect
d-i tasksel/tasks multiselect
d-i tasksel/skip-tasks multiselect standard, server, base-server,
mail-server, laptop, desktop, manual

... so I've reduced the package set down as far as I can there, I believe.

This is on virtualbox 4 on a macbook, FWIW. I'm trying to produce
minimal installs with very limited disk, but they won't be
virtualbox-based (it's just a test env for now); hence the addition of
these packages and their rather heavy deps is somewhat annoying.

Any ideas about how to stop them from being installed? Due to my use
case, installation and then purge-with-deps isn't a solution,
unfortunately.

Many thanks,
Jonathan
--