Re: Upcoming xkb-data-udeb tweaks

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:49:41PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Anton, please also note that the evdev model goes away (it's supposed
> to be hidden, private stuff), and that pc105 should be used
> instead. I'm mentioning this since ISTR that setxkbmap is called with
> all possible options, including -model. Let me know if you want a bug
> to remind you of checking for a possible usage of the evdev model.

By default console-setup (keyboard-configuration) uses pc105 on almost
all architectures (and no architecture has evdev as default).  I suppose
this is OK and nothing has to be changed in console-setup?

Currently evdev is allowed as a model if the user explicitely selects it
during the debconf configuration (the question is with low priority) or
directly in /etc/default/keyboard.  If this is undesirable, then perhaps
evdev has to be removed from /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xorg.xml?

Anton Zinoviev