Re: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta1 release (WPA support)

At 3 Nov 10 14:58:45 GMT,
Mark Goldshtein wrote:
> >> Patch does not apply cleanly to netcfg's newest version (at least not for me)
> >> - currently working on a new patch and a wpa_supplicant udeb (just for testing
> >> right now). "Testing" will be done on amd64 with WPA2-PSK and hidden ssid.

> Is that possible to include WPA patch into the installer without
> localization and put it somewhere aside as an alpha/beta version?
> Including non-official Debian resources? Plus, a single string note in
> 'installation howto' pointing to that 'version' of the installer.

I was trying to produce it today.
Here is the first test images for amd64 architecture.

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/experimental/netboot.tar.gz (for TFTP)
http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/experimental/mini.iso (for CD boot)

(maybe you have to set USB memory includes firmware deb file in
its /firmware directory. See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/)

You can take all source codes by Git from 'squeeze-bpo' branch of
https://svn.kmuto.jp/debian/d-i-bpo.git .
There are modified (dirty-hacked to make udeb) wpasupplicant and
libnl also.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto