Re: Duplicate os-prober issue on errata

Le 07/11/2010 17:20, Miguel Figueiredo a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi,

> Thanks for spotting that!

Thanks for fixing it.

> Fixed and improved indentation.

Please, next time, refrain from indentation improvement: it's a PITA for
translators (it shouldn't harm too much this time since it was “only“ up
to date in French and Italian), but don't revert your indentation
changes again now it's up to date in French ;-). FWIW, I preferred your
version of os-prober section, than the already existing one, e.g. you
added a relevant bug number (and for someone like me who barely
understand the issue, I found i more understandable, as it sounds more
general).

Regards,

David

P.-S.: For the record, the existing version:

        <dt>os-prober causes data corruption on a SAN setup</dt>
        <dd>
        os-prober causes data corruption on a SAN setup;
        mounts SAN volumes that are already mounted on a different host.
        See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/599203";>#599203</a>.
        </dd>

Miguel's proposal (now deleted):

     <dt>os-prober causes data corruption if filesystem is being
     used by another host</dt>
     <dd>
     os-prober causes data corruption on setups where filesystems are
     already mounted on other hosts. This issue has been identified on
     a SAN setup and on a virtual machine that uses an existing logical
     volume.
     See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/599203";>#599203</a> and
     </dd>

Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon and we'll delete this part ;-).