Re: Touchscreen support in d-i

Le samedi 06 novembre 2010 à 16:31 +0100, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> Thibaut Girka, le Fri 05 Nov 2010 22:03:54 +0100, a écrit :
> > Hm, but how to do that?
> > I've had a quick look at what the gnome tools do, but it really seems
> > overly complicated. Moreover, we want a simplified keyboard.
> > Maybe we could just have keycodes in the keyboard definition, and use
> > xlib to do the keycode to keysym lookup (that way, the layout of the
> > virtual keyboard is the one set in X), but AFAIK, keycodes are
> > vendor-dependant, and I can't find an xlib function to do KeyCode/KeySym
> > to utf8 lookup.
>
> You mean XLookupString ?

Well, XLookupString works, but i thought there was a better way.
I've made a quick and dirty modification to matchbox-keyboard, and it
kinda works, but I'm not sure storing a list of keycode is really a good
idea.

> Have a look at xkbprint, it exactly is able to show your keyboard as X
> knows it.

xkbprint prints the name of the keysyms, not the corresponding
character... or I'm missing something.