Re: Adding tag help for #581683 ([I18N, USABILITY] configure keyboard dialogs)

Samuel Thibault, le Mon 01 Nov 2010 21:53:33 +0100, a écrit :
> Anton Zinoviev, le Mon 13 Sep 2010 16:24:41 +0300, a écrit :
> > The fix of the second part would require customized lists of keyboard
> > layouts and this is something I don't want to maintain.
>
> I'm willing to take the time to patch and maintain this.  Now, just to
> make sure: do we plan to keep the existing kbd-chooser and make it suite
> to console-setup, or are we replacing it completely with console-setup?
> AIUI, ATM the plan is the latter, right?

Comments in the c-s code and reviewing the whole thread tell me it's
indeed the latter.  My current plan, since we're very late in the
release, would be to make c-s-udeb mimic kbd-chooser, as Christian
proposed, by using the same debian-installer-specific question,
re-using the existing translations of the keyboards, and feed the
installed-system debconf with the result.

Samuel