Re: Debugging yaboot issues (was: Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release - experimental installer)

Hi Gaudenz,

Le lundi 11 octobre 2010 à 09:41 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
> Did you only modify the yaboot package or did you modify
> yaboot-installer as well?

I only modified the yaboot package. From what I gathered regarding this
update, yaboot-installer will need a small change too for Pegasos
(partition numbering changed) but I don't think there is anyone left
(and still active) to test on that arch anyway.

> I did not follow very closely how you built
> your test images, but testing a new bootloader package inside d-i is a
> bit tricky.

I am not the one who built the images, it's Zsombor. And we actually
realized it's tricky to test new bootloaders :-)

> - change to a shell in the installer after the package is installed
>   from d-i, copy the new package into the installer environment,
>   chroot /target, and then dpkg -i the new package. This has to be
>   done before yaboot-installer runs. This is easier but less elegant
>   than the first solution.

Thanks a lot for this information, I was looking for something like
that.

Regards,
benjamin