Re: anna resolver and non-installable packages

Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> [Aurelien Jarno]
>> While testing the netboot version of debian-installer on
>> GNU/kFreeBSD, I am facing an issue with non-installable packages
>> that are installed anyway. The issue appears mainly with partman-*,
>> though other non-installable packages are installed anyway. For
>> example partman-lvm and partman-md complain that there is no lvm or
>> raid support. The issue might at some point arise on GNU/Linux, as
>> for example partman-ufs is not installable but installed.
>
> If I remember correctly, Debian Edu depend on this behaviour to ensure
> the same udeb can be used to order the main-menu entries for both DVD
> and netinst CD installation.  The Debian Edu udeb have dependencies
> that are missing on the DVD and only used when installing using PXE
> and the netinst CD.

Note that the resolving of the udeb for the menu is still using the
"permissive" mode, that is dependencies are ignored. Maybe you can do a
test?

> Because of this, I believe this should not be changed just before the
> release and after the freeze, but instead early in the next release
> cycle.

If we can't do the change, the best is probably to reupload all the
partman-* binaries with the correct architectures list.

Cheers,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73