Squeeze won't install on my system.

I haven't tried the most recent weekly update, but the 7-15-10 version wouldn't partition my hard drives. So I used the 5.0 disk I had to do that. That got me through the installation, but then the system wouldn't boot properly. I remember getting a bunch of horizontal lines and the screen flashed on and off. I would be happy to provide any information about my system that you may need. I am running ubuntu right now so I have some utilities to get at system information.

Thank You,

Ryan Larrowe