Re: Switching default install entry to graphical installer?

Quoting Daniel Baumann (daniel@debian.org):
> Hi,
>
> i've been testing the graphical installer quite intensively during the
> last days and it works very well. given that these days most of the
> crappy hardware that used to not work with g-i has either vanished
> completely, or, represents a supposedly so insignificant share of the
> target audience, that i think we should make g-i the default entry on
> the regular d-i images, as it's much nicer for the general audience and
> supports more languages.

You get my +1 vote for it. This is indeed roughly what we agreed upon
when lenny was released with g-i. Of course, in the meantime, g-i
changed quite significantly.

As I was saying this morning in the X talk, sometimes, taking risks is
worth it.

Still, I'd suggest discussing this also in -devel.