how to build a new graphic install guide?

Hi,all!
Recently I've got a job to customize a special linux distribution.In fact our company have a network equipment using linux.But we store the system file in a raw disk partition,and the equipment has got some special hardware so we have to recognize it  automatic and install the drivers.So we decide get debian cutomzie and add our application to make it work.
I browser the install CD and find it seems that debian use css to create the install guide.More I read some articles about how to create a graphic install guide in customized linux  in IBM developwork.But I still have got no idea about how to create my own graphic install guide for my own linux.
Is there any articles about this?
Thanks!