Re: new udeb btrfs-tools-udeb

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:26:28PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I was distracted from adding btrfs to d-i due to the btrfs/dpkg data
> loss issue (now fixed). Colin just did some work on grub that should fix
> #540786.

I uploaded this last Thursday.

> The other bug that needs to be fixed is #567176, basic parted
> support to recognize the filesystem. There is already a patch for that.

Thanks; I'll make sure that this at least gets applied to Debian.  Note
that full filesystem support in libparted is deprecated upstream so I
doubt there's any point in Luca trying to do anything more detailed than
simple recognition there.

Is it worth uploading partman-btrfs now?  I expect there'll be some lead
time in NEW anyway, and we might as well get started even if you still
need a custom kernel to make use of it.

> btrfs apparently still has issues when disk space gets low, so I'd only
> consider it as an experimental option.

Agreed.