Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 09:43:03AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > I committed the changes with two extra changes:
>
> > 1) the sublevel has be changed to 3. There is no reason to enforce the
> > translation of this template that hard (sublevels 1 and 2 being
> > complete is theoretically mandatory).
>
> > > Template: debian-installer/driver-injection-disk-detect/title
> > > Type: text
> > > #  Main menu item
> > > # :sl1:
>
> > I replaced "OEM" by "hardware" in an attempt to unjargonize.
>
> And thereby losing information.

Well, then define OEM in this context....This acronym is used  in each
and every possible situation and nearly means nothing nowadays. So ? I
dont' think we lose any information by being more explicit.

> The d-i main menu is only shown in expert mode or when there's been an
> exception in the install.  We shouldn't make these menu items less accurate
> to avoid using "jargon", that will only confuse users into thinking this
> menu item could be used for something it can't.
>
> > I also reported a bug suggesting to lower the priority at which this
> > template is displayed.
>
> It's a main menu item.  Doesn't the priority of udeb menu item templates
> affect either a) whether the udeb is *run* by default, or b) nothing (I
> can't remember which)?

I'm not talking about he mtnu item priority, I'm talking about the
driver-injection-disk/load template priority, in :

bubulle@mykerinos:~/src/debian/debian-installer/packages/hw-detect/debian> more ../driver-injection-disk.sh
#!/bin/sh
.../...
                db_input high driver-injection-disk/load || true
.../...

s/high/medium is what I propose.