Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 09:43:03AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> I committed the changes with two extra changes:

> 1) the sublevel has be changed to 3. There is no reason to enforce the
> translation of this template that hard (sublevels 1 and 2 being
> complete is theoretically mandatory).

> > Template: debian-installer/driver-injection-disk-detect/title
> > Type: text
> > #  Main menu item
> > # :sl1:

> I replaced "OEM" by "hardware" in an attempt to unjargonize.

And thereby losing information.

The d-i main menu is only shown in expert mode or when there's been an
exception in the install.  We shouldn't make these menu items less accurate
to avoid using "jargon", that will only confuse users into thinking this
menu item could be used for something it can't.

> I also reported a bug suggesting to lower the priority at which this
> template is displayed.

It's a main menu item.  Doesn't the priority of udeb menu item templates
affect either a) whether the udeb is *run* by default, or b) nothing (I
can't remember which)?