Re: New release? (was: Re: Package-Type not included in udebs)

Hello Christian and others,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

This, btw, brings again the topic of a new release of D-I which should
indeed be the release to use for squeeze. Otavio, are you listening?

Yes; I'm listening :-)

In fact  I'm looking to have some spare time to do a update in kernel udebs and take a closer look at installer to check about blockers for a new release (I hadn't opportunity to follow it up and close last weeks)

That one, if it happens, would need a full l10n freeze round (given
the current status of development, we're already more or less in
freeze, indeed).

We do need a new release and I belive we could do the string freeze. I'm not aware of any major change comming soon that will have changes on string (netcfg WPA is there but noone had time to look at it up now so it looks it will be kept for squeeze+1).

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br