Installation on PowerBook G3

Hi all,
    I have an old Apple PowerBook G3 (prism/bronze) and I'm trying to
install Debian on it. I'm using a netinst CD dated 20100201. I tryed many
times but installer stops installing base system, every time at a
different percentage but when it stops the computer is completly frozen:
no input no output. I thought this could be a not correctly burned Cd so,
I burned the image on different CDs using two cd burner, but the result
is the same. What can I do to go on? Do you suggest to try with a daily
CD? May I crosscompile the whole installer? I asked for help on
debian-powerpc IRC channel, the suggested to reset openfirmware but I
did not successed even after a complete reset.

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.