Re: Avoiding display of console-setup dialogs during base-installation

On Wednesday 18 November 2009, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 06:35:50PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > I've just committed the following patch for kbd-chooser (which is
> > currently responsible for installing console-setup). The patch sets
> > the seen flag for the keyboard variant debconf question to avoid its
> > display during base-installer.
>
> Just for the record I'd like to say that I don't agree with this change.
> A better solution is to make console-setup ask this question with low
> priority (which is not difficult).

What exactly do you consider to be the downside of the current solution?

Fact is that this important issue has been around for months and nobody
bothered solving it until now

You're of course welcome to post the alternative for review.

Cheers,
FJP