Re: di-netboot-assistant update for experimental

On Tuesday 17 November 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> Wouldn't it be simpler to just allow a user to specify the image on the
> command line using a new command? Something like:
>    di-netboot-assistant custom --name="mybuild" <filename>
>
> The name option could be optional with a default of "custom".
> The architecture can AFAIK be derived from the contents on the tarball.

But not for all arches (the ones that have a single image instead of a
tarball), so maybe in that case you could just require the --arch option
to be set too.

> I think the uninstall etc. options should just work as AFAIK it depends
> on your registration of the images, and not their origin.

BTW, a tarball can contain both a newt and a gtk installer; It would be
great if they could both be added to the menu (as "custom" and
"custom-gtk"?).