Re: How to detect network from custom udeb?

On Monday 16 November 2009, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> I thought about using debconf, but I did not find any saved question
> related to network in config.dat ...

config.dat is from _debconf_ and contains only debconf information for the
*installed* system.

For values for Debian Installer questions you need to look at the database
from _cdebconf_ (or more exact cdebconf-udeb), which is:
    /var/lib/cdebconf/questions.dat

And obviously you need to check that database in the D-I environment (while
D-I is running), although at the end of an installation a copy does get
saved on the installed system under /var/log/installer.