Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Tuesday 27 October 2009, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> The second category is named "error" and the tags listed can not be

Looks like it's named "nowayout".

> overridden. Those are tags corresponding to packaging errors serious
> enough to mark a package unfit for the archive and should never happen.

Please move "no-standards-version-field" to "wayout".

Because udebs don't follow loads of policy requirements (which is allowed
because of their nature), and because that makes blindly updating the
standards version with policy updates a rather meaningless job, the D-I
team has removed the standards version fields from most source packages
that produce only udebs; they include a lintian override for that.

So having that tag in nowayout would mean that uploads of udebs will start
failing massively.

Thanks,
FJP