Invariable download time indiciation with tasksel

Dear maintainer(s),

I've noticed that tasksel recalculates the time every few seconds which can
lead to very variable time indications. The longer the download, the more
invariable.

For example, when I was on narrow band and the time indication for example
showed 3 hours and 30 minutes remaining, a few seconds later it would
simply jump to 2 hours and 50 minutes remaining. And it would constantly
switch to time values closely related to it, back to 3 hours and 28
minutes, and back to that 2 hour value.

I think it should be smoothend out. I'm using gNewSense mipsel-l which is
based on the latest Debian stable MIPS version.

Sincerely yours,
Fred